Whether you’re into professional, semi-pro, college or even amateur sports teams, Greater Binghamton has it all.
For the true sports fanatic, there is no better place to visit than Greater Binghamton. Catch a home run at a Binghamton Rumble Ponies baseball game or feed your need for speed at the Five Mile Point Speedway. State-of-the-art, multi-use athletic facilities offer an assortment of sporting events all year round.
Whether you’re a spectator or a player, Greater Binghamton is paradise for sports fans.
Greater Binghamton is THE place to host your next sporting event! Why? Here are some of the reasons:
- We have a long history of sports in the Greater Binghamton area, from professional to amateur. Back in 1923 the Triplets, an eastern league farm club of the New York Yankees played here. Since the Binghamton Mets premiered in 1992, fans have flocked to see the New York Mets AA affiliate currently known as the Rumble Ponies. Professional hockey also has a storied history, including the Broome Dusters, Binghamton Whalers, Binghamton Rangers and Binghamton Devils.
- We host sporting events from the local level all the way to the national sports stage. The Empire State Games Summer Games, Special Olympics Spring, Summer and Fall Games, STOP DWI Tournament of Champions (Softball), I Love NY Cup Gymnastics Meet, Snicker’s & President’s Cup Soccer Tournament, US Lacrosse Youth Festival and the Mirabito STOP DWI Holiday Classic (basketball) are just a few of the main events that have competed here.
We have numerous state-of-the-art sports facilities to accommodate your event:
- Binghamton University’s campus, home of the Division I Bearcats, offers numerous sports venues including their 156,000 square foot Events Center. The Events Center can seat 6,000 for a basketball game and also features an indoor track. Outdoor facilities include 2 all-weather fields with seating for 2,500 and 1,000 and recently upgraded baseball field, softball field and tennis courts.
- We have multiple all-purpose fields and all-weather tracks throughout the county, plus an Ice Rink at SUNY Broome. The Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena can host hockey, basketball, gymnastics and more. The Grippen Park BMX facility is a covered facility that offers year-round BMX competitions.
- The Greater Binghamton Sports Complex is the largest facility of it’s kind in the nation. At 124,000 square feet of competition space, there is room for 2 softball fields or 5 soccer fields at one time.
You and your athletes will appreciate our convenient and central location in the heart of Upstate New York. If you are traveling by car, we are easy to get to from several major highways, I-81 and I-88, and NYS Route 17 (future I-86) all connect in Binghamton. We also have affordable accommodations and great national and locally owned restaurants.
With so many reasons to host your next sporting event, why consider anywhere else other than Greater Binghamton? Words can only convey part of the message – an actual tour will speak volumes. To set up your personal visit to Visit Binghamton at (800) 836-6740.