Please note new procedures that will be effective upon reopening with Phase 4.
Tours of the Phelps Mansion are offered Fridays-Sunday from 11am to 5pm
In accordance with NYS Safety Guidelines during the COVID-19 Pandemic please note the following changes to tour availability.
Museum tours will continue as offered Friday – Sunday from 11am to 5pm
Tours will be offered at the following times:
All tours will need to be booked in advance and paid online through our website or over the phone. Please call 607-722-4873
• All Greeters will wear masks and gloves when interacting with guests
• All docents will wear masks or plastic face shields when conducting tours
• All tours will be limited to no more than 6 guests per tour
• masks will be required for all guests
• Non-Related Guests will be required to practice social distancing during tours
• All docents will ensure social distancing procedures are followed during the tour
• Proper signage will be in place to alert guests of the policies the museum is following
• Elevator usage will be limited to 2 people at a time
The museum will provide masks for docents and visitors who need them and hand sanitizer will be available in select areas.
Visitors to the Phelps Mansion are asked to enter through the ballroom doors which are located down the driveway side of the mansion. (Look for the open flag)
Historic house museum built for Sherman D. Phelps in 1870-72, a local banker & business man. The house was designed by Isaac G. Perry and is furnished primarily as a Victorian house.